If you are thinking of selling your home, there are a number of thingss you can do to improve the overall impression made by your home. But first, you must learn to look at the home through the eyes of the buyer.
1. Open the curtains, let natural light in
2. Create a positive environment, make sure all lights are turned on.
3. Install high wattage lightbulbs to make your home more bright.
4. Remove all clutter from all rooms
5. Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times
6. Have a family emergency 'game plan' to get home in order quickly if necessary.
7. Air out your home one hour prior to showing if possible.
8. Lightly spray rooms with air freshener
9. Make sure beds are made
10. Keep closets organized, put unnecessary items in storage
11. Bathrooms should be spotless! Do NOT leave any towels on the floor.
12. Set your table
13. Remove all small appliances from kitchen to enhance counter space
14. All walls should be patched and painted if needed, to make home look more attractive to the eye.
15. Make sure your yard is in neat condition
1. OVER PRICING YOUR HOME.
It is a mistake to believe that you will get more for a property by asking more, Overpricing your home helps your competition sell there houses, reduces advertising response sends interested buyers to other properties, can cause appraisal problems and extends time on the market . In the end initially over priced homes take more time to sell and usually sell below market value.
2. FAILURE TO MAKE HOME REPAIRS
Be sure to listen to your realters suggestions to make your home sell faster and at a higher price. Buyers usually deduct more then the actual cost of perceived repairs in there offer. You are required by law to disclose any defects your are aware of in your home. Failure to do so can be very costly. Using a professional Realtor is imperative!
3. NOT USING A PROFESSIONAL REALTOR
Buyers who look at homes that are not listed by Realtors are usually bargain hunters. If you are not careful and equipped to back your price with the analysis a Realtor can provide, you could end up losing a lot of money in this important financial transaction.
4. FAILURE TO KEEP HOME IN GOOD CONDITION
Ensure that your home looks as inviting and attractive as possible. More than anything you could add to enhance the presentation of your home, the property should be clean. It is important to have the property clean inside and out and that you maintain good curb apeal. The front of your home, your yard and drive way are all part of the first impression a potential buyer will have-make it a good one!
Brad Hunter, Ameri-Dream Mortgage 213-354-3007
John Hinchey, Mortgage Financial Services 213-415-0914
Jeff Sicking, Prime West Mortgage 806-773-4311
Chris Haneline. quicken Loans 440-552-4310
Members of Credit Unions, Contact your branch.
Tyler Garrison, Capital Farm Credit 940-366-4092
Hanna Gaddy, Lone Star AG Credit 940-268-8381
Jonathon Kerby, Texas Farm Credit 817-513-1879
Kody King AG Texas 817-932-2650
Your bank would probably be your Best Bank.
Tobi Collop, First State Bank 940-389-7502
Juana Huerta, First Financial 940-683-8706
Greg Byers, Bridgeport Community Bank 940-389-0660
Real Estate, Selling Homes, Homes for sale in the Bowie, Decatur and Surrounding areas.